Wednesday, October 11, 2006

wrist tendinitis

I have suffered from tendinitis of the wrist for near one month since i have worked hard at home. I have tried several ways to treat it by myself at home, but it seemed the ways didn't work, so i have to bear the pain from my wrist when i woked. Up to now, my right hand can't still be flexible to control the mouse. How did i suffer from wrist tendinits? According to the information, this is the result of repeating activity. I remember the illness happened after i worked hard one day without taking break, i repeated to copy and paste something to my site with my right hand.

Tendons are tough, flexible, fibrous bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones. When tendons become inflamed, irritated or suffer microscopic tears, the condition is called tendonitis. Tendons can be small, like the delicate, tiny bands in the hands, or large, like the heavy, ropelike cords that anchor the calf or thigh muscles. In most cases, tendonitis happens for one of two reasons:
1. Overuse — A particular body motion is repeated too often.
2. Overload — The level of a certain activity, such as weightlifting, is increased too quickly.

I just repeated to use the mouse with my right hand, it's not surprise to see the tendinitis to happen on my rigt hand. I thought it's not necessary to go to the hospital for treatment, so i took some treatment by myself. First i relaxed my right hand and used the mouse with my left hand. It's not ease to use the mouse at first for i used to control the mouse with my right hand, after several days exercised, i could control the mouse successfully with my left hand. Then i moved my right arm and hand frequently around one time every hour. Finally i iced the injury. Applying an ice pack intermittently to the area of inflammation may also be beneficial. Icing wrist tendinitis could help to cool inflammation and also stimulates blood flow to the area of tendinitis. It seemsed work, but didn't recover entirely, and i should continue to use these ways to treat my wrist tendinitis.

Remember all work and no play isn't healthy. Work is important, but we have to pay attention to rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home